Medical groups support growing county PDMP
The Missouri State Medical Association, Missouri College of Emergency Physicians, Missouri Pharmacy Association, Missouri Society of Anesthesiologists, Missouri Section of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and Missouri Ambulatory Surgery Center Association have long been supporters of a statewide Prescription Drug Monitoring Program that can be used by physicians, pharmacists and other dispensers to identify and prevent addiction. This helps patients and their families before the problem begins instead of reacting to the problem once the addiction has occurred, resulting in increased incarceration costs to taxpayers, in addition to the devastation to families.
Many Missouri counties have banded together to establish a patient management platform to aid practitioners and dispensers in preventing this devastating health epidemic. State Rep. Holly Rehder continues to champion this preventative approach, and we will continue to support her efforts.
- Jeff Howell – Missouri State Medical Association
- Ron Fitzwater, Missouri Pharmacy Association
- Dr. Jonathan Heidt, MD, Missouri College of Emergency Physicians
- Dr. Ravi Johar, MD, American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Dr. Mitch Fingerman, MD, Missouri Society of Anesthesiologists
- Diana Carr, Missouri Ambulatory Surgery Center Association