Thursday, Oct. 22: CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION – 12:30 p.m.
MDC Twin Pines Conservation Education Center, Winona
Friday, Oct. 23: REGULAR OPEN MEETING – 8:30 a.m.
MDC Ozark Regional Office, 551 Joe Jones Blvd., West Plains
Background documents related to the open agenda items are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. The time period allotted for public comment and the number of speakers will be at the Commission’s discretion. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape, or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.
October 22, 2015 – Closed Executive Session – 12:30 p.m.
- Call to order, roll call, and vote to close meeting
- E.1 – Approval of minutes of previous executive session(s) (610.021 RSMo.).
- E.2 – Consideration of legal actions, causes of action, or litigation and attorney-client privileged communications as provided for in 610.021(1) RSMo.
- E.3 – Consideration of supporting documentation related to recommendations to suspend or revoke hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges (621.021(1), 610.021.14, 454.440.9, 211.321 RSMo.)
- E.4 – Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product (610.021(17) RSMo.).
- E.5 – Consideration of recommendations relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel (610.021(3) RSMo.).
- E.6 – Consideration of negotiated contracts (610.021(12) RSMo.).
- E.7 – Consideration of potential real estate transactions/negotiations (610.021(2) RSMo.).
October 23, 2015 – Regular Open Meeting – 8:30 a.m.
Call to order: Marilynn J. Bradford, Chair
1. Action Item: Approval of minutes of previous open meeting(s) 2. Staff Recognition/Recent Awards — Division Chiefs
Outreach and Education Division:
3. Presentation: Communications Update — Joanie Straub, Outreach and Education Division Chief
4. Presentation/Action Item: Recommendation for approval of the Conservation Priorities Three-Year Strategic Plan for Fiscal Years 2017-2019
5. Report of the Regulations Committee (no action items) — Tom Draper, Deputy Director and Chairman, Regulations Committee
6. Spencer Turner, Columbia, to comment on Smallmouth Bass Management in Missouri Waters — Introduction by Tom Draper, Deputy Director
7. Southwest Missouri Quail Ecology Project and Quail Focus Area Update — Kyle Hedges, Wildlife Management Biologist, and Frank Loncarich, Wildlife Management Biologist, with introduction by Bill White, Private Land Services Division Chief
8. Leonard Sonnenschien, President, World Aquarium and Conservation for the Oceans Foundation, St. Louis, to comment on development plans for a new public aquarium on the St. Louis riverfront — Introduction by Tim Ripperger, Deputy Director
Information Technology Unit:
9. Status Report/Presentation: Information Technology: Past, Present, and Future — Douglas Fees, Information Technology Services Chief
Design and Development Division:
Jacob Careaga, Design and Development Division Chief
10. Major Construction Projects Status Report
11. Action Item: Consideration of a negotiated agreement for the design of 13 radio tower replacements across the state, and authorization to enter into a contract
12. Action Item: Consideration of proposals for the fabrication of exhibit features at Runge Conservation Nature Center located in Cole County, and authorization to enter into a contract
13. Action Item: Consideration of bids received for the construction of the Conservation Commission Headquarters Corridor Replacement project located in Cole County, and authorization to enter into a contract
14. Presentation: Fountain Grove Conservation Area Pump Station — Jacob Careaga, Design and Development Division Chief, and Jennifer Battson Warren, Wildlife Division Chief
Administrative Services Division:
Margie Mueller, Chief Financial Officer
15. Monthly Financial Summary
16. Update on Department’s estimated appropriation authority request for the Fiscal Year 2017 Executive Budget submitted to the Governor’s Office
Human Resources Division:
Tom Neubauer, Human Resources Division Chief
17. Action Item: Recommendation for approval of personnel reclassification(s)
18. Quarterly Report of Personnel Changes
19. Action Item: Recommendation for approval to purchase two tracts containing approximately 120 acres and 175 acres, respectively, in Butler County as an addition to Big Cane Conservation Area — Lisa Allen, Forestry Division Chief
20. Action Item: Recommendation for approval to designate Mingo Natural Area in Stoddard and Wayne Counties as a new Missouri Natural Area for the Missouri Natural Areas System — Jennifer Battson Warren, Wildlife Division Chief
21. Presentation/Action Item: Hunting Incident Reporting and Investigation Policy and recommendation to approve revision — Amy Buechler, Public Involvement Coordinator and Jason Jensen, Private Land Services Chief with Introduction by Tim Ripperger, Deputy Director
22. Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause — Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
23. Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws — Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
24. Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact — Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
25. Legislative Report — Aaron Jeffries, Assistant to Director
26. Blue Ribbon Panel on Sustaining America’s Diverse Fish and Wildlife Resources Update — Robert Ziehmer, Director
27. Other matters of interest
FUTURE MEETING DATES
- December 10-11, 2015 – Jefferson City
- January 21-22, 2016
- March 10-11, 2016
- April 27-29, 2016
- June 23-24, 2016
- August 5, 2016
- August 25-26, 2016
- October 20-21, 2016
- December 15-16, 2016