JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. – Missouri State Treasurer Eric Schmitt has announced the following new additions to join his staff:
Christopher Wray – Deputy Treasurer
- Previously practiced law at Shook, Hardy & Bacon, LLP and brings extensive experience as an accomplished attorney and certified public accountant to the position.
- Graduated from Washington University in St. Louis and Notre Dame Law School.
- Has served on the accounting faculty of the University of Notre Dame and Avila University.
- Began his career practicing public accounting in Kansas City and St. Louis.
Matthew Panik – Chief of Staff
- Previously served as Chief of Staff for Schmitt for the past five years in his State Senate office.
- Has extensive experience tackling complex legislative issues and crafting public policy.
- Graduated from the University of Dayton and the Saint Louis University School of Law.
Jillean Long Battle – Assistant Deputy Treasurer
- Previously served as Chief Deputy Treasurer and General Counsel to Indiana State Treasurer Kelly Mitchell.
- Has extensive experience with economic development programs, pension policy, and public finance.
- Graduated from the University of California, Berkeley and the Indiana University McKinney School of Law.
David Pearce – Senior Policy Coordinator
- Previously served eight years as a State Senator and six years as a State Representative.
- Has decades of experience in finance, banking, and community development.
“I am thrilled for the opportunity to continue my public service in this new role,” Pearce said. “Eric is a true leader and I look forward to working with him to figure out how the Treasurer’s office can better serve Missourians from all walks of life.”
Jonathan Hensley – General Counsel
- Previously Deputy Director of the Missouri Division of Workers’ Compensation. Began his state service as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Missouri.
- Extensive agency management, trial practice, and appellate litigation experience.
- Graduated from the University of Missouri and the St. Louis University School of Law.
Andrew Dziedzic – Policy Coordinator
- Has previously served as Deputy Campaign Manager for Eric Schmitt for Missouri and a policy analyst for the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Graduated from Xavier with a Bachelor’s Degree in Philosophy, Politics, and the Public.
Garrett Poorman – Communications Director
- Previously served as Digital Media Director for the Missouri Republican Party.
- Graduated from the University of Missouri with a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science.
“To say this level of talent is unprecedented for the Treasurer’s office is a vast understatement,” Poorman said in a statement. “The well-qualified team he has been able to put together is a reflection of his incredible leadership and vision.”