The Missouri Conservation Commission met Aug. 18 and 19 at the Missouri Department of Conservation Headquarters, 2901 W. Truman Blvd. in Jefferson City. Commissioners present were:
Marilynn J. Bradford, Chair
David W. Murphy, Vice Chair
James T. Blair, IV, Secretary
Don C. Bedell, Member
The Commission received the following presentations:
- 2016-2017 Fall Deer and Turkey Season Structure, Methods, and Limits — Jason Sumners, Resource Scientist
- Season Dates and Limits for the 2015-2016 Waterfowl Season — Andy Raedeke, Resource Scientist
- Missouri Outdoor Recreational Access Program — Lisa Potter, Private Land Programs Supervisor
- Major Construction Projects Status Report for Fiscal Year 2016 — Jacob Careaga, Design and Development Division Chief
- Fiscal Year 2015 Year-End Review of Revenue and Expenditure Trends — Margie Mueller, Chief Financial Officer
- Received public comments from Dick Wood regarding crossbows.
- Approved recommendations for 2016-2017 fall deer and turkey season structure, methods, and limits.
- Approved recommendations for proposed amendments to the Wildlife Code from the mid-year Code review.
- Approved recommendations for season dates and limits for the 2015-2016 waterfowl season.
- Approved initiation of a forest certification program and certification of all forested lands owned by the Conservation Commission under the Sustainable Forestry Initiative and/or the Forest Stewardship Council.
- Received public comments from Brandon Butler and Bruce Morrison regarding the St. Johns Bayou and New Madrid Floodway Project.
- Approved consideration of bids received for the construction of the August A. Busch Memorial Conservation Area Shooting Range Complex Renovation Phase II Project in St. Charles County, and authorization to enter into a contract.
- Approved submission of estimates of the Department’s spending authority for the next fiscal year to the Governor’s budget director.
- Approved the purchase of approximately 1.09 acres and the metal building situated thereon containing approximately 4,878 square feet of office and shop space located in Wright County.
- Approved the suspension or revocation of one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of 14 individuals for cause: Joseph A. Aguayo, Warsaw, Hunting, 5 Years; Donald R. Barton, Annapolis, Hunting, 1 Year; Kyndell K. Brown, Potosi, All Sport, 1 Year; Austin T. Bruce, Carthage, Hunting, 1 Year; Travis L. Carr, Collins, Hunting, Add 2 Years; Wynne R. DeVorss, Spickard, Hunting, 3 Years; Cody W. Ellison, Seymour, Hunting, 3 Years; Allen R. Hall, Joplin, Hunting, 1 Year; Patrick D. Havens, Vienna, Hunting, 1 Year; Daniel L. Hearst, Union, Hunting and Fishing, 1 Year; Brandon L. Hendricks, Eldon, Hunting and Trapping, 1 Year; Robert A. Hines, Sullivan, Hunting, 1.5 Years; Panya J. Holmes, Poplar Bluff, Fishing, 1 Year; and Jason B. Thornton, Duenweg, Fishing, 1 Year.
- Approved the suspension or revocation of all hunting and fishing privileges of 259 individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws.
- Approved the suspension or revocation of one or more hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges of 214 individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact.
- Set the next regular Commission meeting for October 22 and 23, 2015.